Sunday, March 8, 2009

Get your motor running!

So I've probably read more of the Tao this weekend than I should have in one sitting. I got to the point where I couldn't just stop, so I ended up reading several chapters. However, that play by play will have to wait.

Right now, I am sitting on my couch, dressed and ready to go meet a new prospect. I haven't gotten to the part of the Tao that tells me whether or not online dating is a good or a bad thing, so I figure it couldn't hurt to up my available options and continue to use it.

I worry that before I even go meet this guy I may have fallen victim to my usual pitfalls. His stats: 36, 6'1, never married, no kids, professional motocross racer with his own school. He's meeting me in my neighborhood, so at the very least I know he has a car. He's geographically inconvenient living roughly 35 miles away, but that can be overcome with his flexible schedule. He chatted with me for nearly 2/3rd of my (1.5 hours) to my weekend getaway and before we got off the phone had asked me to meet him tonight. ***chalks up 2 points for the Hottie with the helmet!***

After I got off the phone with the Helmeted Hottie, I had a guy I dated nearly 3 years ago call me. Seems he's been thinking about me lately and wanted to meet up for lunch tomorrow to catch up. They always come back for seconds. If only I had a taste for stale bread that I knew only gave me an upset stomach when I had it fresh. At least that is one lesson I can manage to learn. Once I give them up for good, they are gone for good. It just takes me some time to get to the point where I really cut them loose, physically and emotionally. A byproduct of that is I am still friends with quite a few guys that I once dated. Is that weird?

Okay, my Gods and Goddesses in Training...Wish me luck. Let's hope that this Helmeted Hottie can rev my engine and jumpstart my heart! .....Aaaaaaaand she's off!!!

No comments: